Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A happy love habit

Growing up in California, the chocolate store for special occasions was See's. It was just too expensive for "everyday" chocolate. Ah, but one of the things I learned when I was losing weight was to focus on portion size: I was eating the right things, just too much of them. Since I was limiting the amount of chocolate I ate, I convinced my dear husband that we (he) could afford to shop at See's to keep me in chocolates.

With the dietary restrictions put in place more recently, though, he was a bit at loose ends: his love currency was off-limits because of the milk content. The See's web site, while delightful and enticing, is completely devoid of nutritional information, and the attractive black-and-white boxes only contain composite ingredient lists. But, if I didn't already know how much my husband loves me, I do now. The light of my life went down to the store and had the lady in the nice white uniform produce an ingredients list for every dark chocolate soft center they had (I don't waste my time with nuts). The result of his research was a quarter-pound box under the tree with See's Dark Molasses Chips and Dark Patties (chocolate vanilla caramel).

Unfortunately, the box now weighs considerably less than a quarter pound. But that weight seems to have gone to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment